J2 Innovations is a start-up innovating in the field of data visualization for building automation systems (BAS). Our goal is to enhance the way humans interact with the connected world. The company leadership is provided by a seasoned and proven team of entrepreneurs that have built successful businesses in both building automation and software development. We have bet our money and effort that our products (which are in the making) will revolutionize how visualization systems for BAS will be built and used.
Based in California, the company has opened its first European office in Romania.
We're always looking for good talent, if you are any of the following, please send a resume to
- Senior Software Engineer - Data Processing / Visualization Systems [Bucharest - Romania]
Revolutionizing how visualization systems for BAS will be built and used requires as you might have already guessed a decent amount of graphic and UI programming. As our product interact with a lot of heterogeneous data sources and protocols, data processing and normalization is a big part of this game.
Our technologies of choice are Flex/AS3 for the front end and Java for integrating with back end data. Your algorithmic skills will be seriously tested either by visualization or by complex data processing problems but you will be equally challenged by the architectural requirements of building a suite of products that run on stateful runtimes (AIR & Flash) , share a lot of common code base and connect to lots of different back-ends.
Knowledge about embedded systems and low level automation might come handy when you least expect it.
- Smart gal/guy skillful in the art of programming computers
- "Walk The Talk." This is more important than you think and that’s why we put it on number two.
- Excellent knowledge of an OOP language like Java or C#. Flex/AS3 is a big advantage
- Excellent abstraction and conceptualization skills (meaning you can not only offer elegant solution to complex problems but you can also express this in plain English)
- Some math knowledge is a very big plus
- entrepreneurial spirit that combines high creativity with ruthless pragmatism
- Understanding of software products life-cycle
- Very good command of English
- Application Engineer / Inside Sales Position [Chino - California]
This is a Sr Application Engineer level position requiring a BS degree or equivalent work experience preferably in engineering or computer science. Technical knowledge and experience programming Tridium’s Niagara Framework is required. Building Automation and software sales experience is a plus. In this customer facing position, you will be responsible for providing both expertise for escalated tech support calls, and technical sales support for J2 Innovations customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide Level technical support
- Answer new customer inquiries
- Participate in joint sales calls
- Create fast track proof of concept demos
- Help promote and roll-out new products
- Support sales and marketing events / trade shows
- Develop, update, and maintain sales tools