J2 Innovations is a leading company in the field of building automation and IoT. Our goal is to enhance the way humans interact with the connected world. The company leadership is provided by a seasoned and proven team of entrepreneurs that have built successful businesses in both building automation and software development. In May 2018 J2 Innovations was acquired by Siemens, vindicating our conviction that our products will revolutionize how monitoring, control and visualization systems for BAS will be built and used. Siemens want us to operate independently and to partner with OEMs; companies who manufacture products in the HVAC, lighting, shading, fire, security and many other building and IoT markets.
Based in California, the company has its first European office in Bucharest, Romania. We also have European presence in the UK and Italy.
We're always looking for good talent, if you are any of the following, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Executive (anywhere in USA/Canada - home based role, with some travel)
J2 Innovations, a fast growing software business operating in the smart buildings and IoT markets, is seeking a highly self-motivated and professional sales executive to join the growing US sales team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate success in a previous sales or sales support role, have some experience of the building automation market, or similar, and be confident in interacting with people by phone and email as well as in person. The right individual for this role will be happy to work from a home office, mainly contacting prospective customers and existing accounts by phone and email, with occasional travel (approx. once a month) across the US and Canada, both to visit customers and to support J2’s presence at conferences and exhibitions.
- Self-disciplined and able to follow agree processes
- Able to write sales related correspondence
- Confident manner
- Good at making connections with new people
- Good at web based researching of prospective customers
- Able to show initiative
- Some education or experience relating to technology, especially software and automation
- Team player – although remote willing to liaise closely with other sales team members
- Interested in progressing to a more external type sales role in future
Senior Software Developer (office based in Diamond Bar, California)We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Software Developer to create our next custom solutions for FIN framework software. J2 provides its software framework to OEMs, system integrators, resellers, installers, and end-users. This means FIN Framework can be found in the software systems of many leading players in the building automation market.As a member of our Glue team you will build high performance and scalable platform extensions and features which will adapt our current FIN framework to the personal needs of our OEM’s and customers. You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Senior Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working on our teams in Bucharest and London.Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to architecture design discussions. You will have strong analytical skills and a desire to go deep with knowledge and understanding of topics, and motivated to work in a high performance team.
- Building platform extensions & custom features using Fantom & Java Programming Language
- Participate in code reviews and design discussion with other developers.
- Analyze the performance of code and implement enhancements.
- Investigate issues and derive root cause and correction.
- Understand BAS terms, concepts, and usability.
- Understand customer needs.
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale software in Java and/ or C#.
- Ability to learn new languages with relative ease, experience with high level Object Oriented languages and Functional Programming.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Strong debugging skills and seasoned problem solver.
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience working on an agile development team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent with design diagrams and great documentation skills.
- BA/BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in IoT is a plus. Fantom programming experience is a big plus.
Application Engineer / Inside Sales Position [office based in Diamond Bar, California]
This is a Senior Application Engineer level position requiring a BSc degree or equivalent work experience preferably in engineering or computer science. Technical knowledge and experience programming Tridium’s Niagara Framework is required. Building Automation and software sales experience is a plus. In this customer facing position, you will be responsible for providing both expertise for escalated tech support calls, and technical sales support for J2 Innovations customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide first level technical support
- Answer new customer enquiries
- Participate in joint sales calls
- Create fast-track proof of concept demos
- Help promote and roll-out of new products
- Support sales and marketing events / trade shows Develop, update, and maintain sales tools