J2 Innovations is a leading company in the field of building automation and IoT. Our goal is to enhance the way humans interact with the connected world. The company leadership is provided by a seasoned and proven team of entrepreneurs that have built successful businesses in both building automation and software development. In May 2018 J2 Innovations was acquired by Siemens, vindicating our conviction that our products will revolutionize how monitoring, control and visualization systems for BAS will be built and used. Siemens want us to operate independently and to partner with OEMs; companies who manufacture products in the HVAC, lighting, shading, fire, security and many other building and IoT markets.
Based in California, the company has its first European office in Bucharest, Romania. We also have European presence in the UK and Italy.
We're always looking for good talent, if you are any of the following, please send a resume to email@example.com
Senior Software Developer (Bucharest, Romania)We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Software Developer to create our next custom solutions for FIN framework software. J2 provides its software framework to OEMs, system integrators, resellers, installers, and end-users. This means FIN Framework can be found in the software systems of many leading players in the building automation market.As a member of our Glue team you will build high performance and scalable platform extensions and features which will adapt our current FIN framework to the personal needs of our OEM’s and customers. You will work within a local and global team of highly skilled Senior Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Product Managers. Additionally, you will have significant interaction with the Developers and Testers working on our teams in Los Angeles and London.Candidates for this position should be passionate about building high quality software and contributing to architecture design discussions. You will have strong analytical skills and a desire to go deep with knowledge and understanding of topics, and motivated to work in a high performance team.
- Building platform extensions & custom features using Fantom & Java Programming Language
- Participate in code reviews and design discussion with other developers.
- Analyze the performance of code and implement enhancements.
- Investigate issues and derive root cause and correction.
- Understand BAS terms, concepts, and usability.
- Understand customer needs.
- 5+ years of experience building large-scale software in Java and/ or C#.
- Ability to learn new languages with relative ease, experience with high level Object Oriented languages and Functional Programming.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Strong debugging skills and seasoned problem solver.
- Experience working in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience working on an agile development team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent with design diagrams and great documentation skills.
- BA/BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in IoT is a plus. Fantom programming experience is a big plus.
Application Engineer / Inside Sales Position [Diamond Bar - California]
This is a Senior Application Engineer level position requiring a BSc degree or equivalent work experience preferably in engineering or computer science. Technical knowledge and experience programming Tridium’s Niagara Framework is required. Building Automation and software sales experience is a plus. In this customer facing position, you will be responsible for providing both expertise for escalated tech support calls, and technical sales support for J2 Innovations customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Provide Level technical support
Answer new customer enquiries Participate in joint sales calls
Create fast track proof of concept demos
Help promote and roll-out new products
Support sales and marketing events / trade shows Develop, update, and maintain sales tools